25Live Release Information
Release 24 (December 10, 2014) –
- Changes to the Event Wizard include:
- Enhanced speed and more efficient design.
- Wizard buttons and controls have been redesigned for more intuitive navigation and access to data.
- The order and placement of Wizard “editors,” for entry of event details, is now consistently enforced, although which editors are included and whether they’re required still depends for the most part on the individual Wizard configuration assigned to the user’s security group.
- The head count fields are now, by design, displayed for editing ahead of locations, so head counts, when specified, are automatically available for finding suitable locations on the Locations editor.
- The Affirmation editor now requires a value when it’s included in the Wizard.
- The Event Type editor is always present and requires a value.
- A time duration of one hour is automatically applied to a new event, and maintained when the start time is adjusted; changing the end time changes the duration.
- Users may specify multiple criteria to search for locations to assign in the Locations editor.
- AND/OR search criteria may be used to find locations and resources in the Wizard.
- When assigning locations or resources to a multi-occurrence event, the user is given the option to assign to all occurrences, or unassign all.
- Depending on the user’s security group options for the Event Wizard (set in the 25Live Configuration Utility), the scheduler associated with the assigned location (in the Administration Utility) may be automatically saved in the event Scheduler role.
- Some custom attributes may now require a value, based on security group options set in the Configuration Utility.
- Some event states may not be available to users creating or editing events, based on security group options in the Configuration Utility.
- Changes to options (in the Configuration Utility) for configuring absolute date boundaries and earliest/latest day buffers may limit the dates that users in a security group can enter to create an event.
- A new Event Description editor is easier to use, and supports direct entry of HTML via the “Source code” button.
- Smart controls in some fields now anticipate your entry as you type.Users can share copies of their searches with selected users.
- Adjustments to an event’s overall pricing may be created and edited in the event Pricing view.
- The content display options in the “Showing” drop-down on the Home Calendar have been organized for easier access.
- To improve efficiency, users can now select the view type (list/calendar/availability grid) and a date(s), where applicable, before search results are loaded.
- The List view of search results now includes an exact count of objects (events, locations, resources, or organizations) returned.
- Users may specify (from the corresponding More Actions menu) their preference for the default view to be displayed for an individual event, location, resource, or organization.
- Users may now view “Weekly” availability of a location or resource, for multiple weeks displayed side-by-side by day (in addition to the standard “Daily” view).
- Both the event title (when specified) and the name are now displayed in event rollovers.
- Users may edit their Date/Time Preferences to specify the weekday to display first in calendar views and date pickers.
- Email options in user preferences for Edit Your Contact Information let users specify the signature to append to all email sent from 25Live during their sign-in session.
- Users may browse for and attach their own files when emailing an event.
- Users may now complete an outstanding task from “Advanced Task Search” on the Tasks tab.
- The Details view of a location includes any existing default instructions (which are also already displayed in the Event Wizard and in the Details view of an event using the location).
- Location setup instructions specific to the layout are now displayed in event Details (when they’ve been provided in the Administration Utility).
- The Details view of a resource includes any existing default instructions (which are also already displayed in the Event Wizard and in the Details view of an event using the resource).
- Searching for organizations by categories now supports “Matching All” as well as “Matching Any.”
Release 23 (May 7, 2013)
- The 25Live Event Creation and Editing tab/environment has been officially renamed the “Event Wizard.”
- Changes to the Event Wizard include:
- Each event being created or edited in the Wizard is now accessed via its own subtab.
- When a user assigns an Event State in the Wizard that is not the system default, the user is given the option to make that state his or her personal default.
- When Repeats Ad Hoc is selected to specify how an event recurs, the date entered in the Start field becomes the initial ad hoc date.
- Functionality for viewing, editing, and copying related events is more robust:
- When viewing an event’s details on the Events tab, the user may elect to also view details for all events related to that event; each event can then be easily accessed via its own subtab.
- When opening a selected event for editing, users may elect to also open all, or some of, its related events in the Event Wizard; each event can then be accessed via its own Wizard tab.
- When initiating a copy of a selected event, users may elect to also initiate copies of all, or some of, its related events in the Event Wizard; each event copy can then be accessed via its own Wizard tab.
- Following the successful save of a newly created or an edited event, the Summary page lets the user quickly establish a relationship with any other events currently open in the Event Wizard.
- A new Organizations tab lets users:
- Review information on organizations in 25Live, including the events being sponsored by an organization.
- Initiate a new event, pre-populated with the Primary Organization set to an organization that was selected on the Organizations tab.
- Specify relatively simple criteria to search for organizations, and save and delete their searches.
- Run pre-defined organization searches.
- Use Advanced Search capabilities to:
- Create and run organization searches using a wide variety of criteria.
- Edit, delete, or rename searches they’ve created in 25Live or R25.
- Copy searches (Edit, then Save As..) created by them or selected from their starred searches or public searches.
- Star or unstar organization search favorites.
- For easier access, a new subtab is now displayed for each event, location, resource, or organization opened on its respective tab.
- Users creating a simple search (“Search For <object type>”) on the Events, Locations, or Resources tab now have the ability to indicate Matching All or Matching Any, where appropriate, when specifying handling of multiple values for a search criterion.
- The event Start Time may now be selected for display (“Choose Visible Columns”) in the List view of event search results.
- Users may specify the Weekdays to include in an Availability view of a location or resource.
- Users may now create and run task searches from “Advanced Task Search“ on the Tasks tab, and save their searches for future use here and in the Overview of Tasks.
- Users may now create a To Do task independent of any event, from the Overview of Tasks view on the Tasks tab.
- Users may edit any To Do task from the Overview of Tasks view, by first clicking the To Do name in the Task Item column.
- The email address of a contact has been added to the information displayed when the cursor hovers over the contact name anywhere in 25Live.
- The ability to specify their time zone has been added to the user’s Date/Time Preferences accessed from the 25Live sign-in header.
- For easier access, a Starred Reports subtab has been added to the Reports tab.
- 25Live users/requestors may now access 25Live on their mobile device to view event/location details and calendars; service providers can view and complete items in their task list.
Release 22 (November 13, 2012)
The search functionality for events, locations, and resources includes an additional, “Advanced Search” subtab where users may build searches from a broad selection of search criteria previously available only in R25. The Advanced Search subtab is where 25Live users with appropriate Functional Level Security (FLS) may:
- Create and run searches.
- Edit, delete, or rename searches they’ve created in 25Live or R25.
- Copy searches (Save As..) created by themselves or others.
- Star or unstar search favorites.
Changes to the event creation and editing environment include:
- A message in the Status area lets the user know when the event head count (registered, or expected head count when no registered head count is specified) exceeds the capacity of the assigned location (or the total capacity of all when multiple locations are assigned).
- A message in the Status area lets a user with FLS override permissions know when the dates/times specified for the event will override existing blackout or open/close times so the user can proceed with the override or not.
- Instructions entered for a single location assignment in a multi-occurrence event may now be easily copied to all occurrences.
- Instructions or quantities entered for a single resource assignment in a multi-occurrence event may now be easily copied to all occurrences.
Users may now star or unstar a report selected on the Reports tab.
“Your Starred Reports” are available for selection in the Home Dashboard view.
Email options in user “Preferences” for Edit Your Contact Information now let the user elect to be copied on all email sent by that user from 25Live.
Release 21 (August 1, 2012)
A “What’s New in 25Live?” box on the Dashboard provides a brief rundown of the outstanding features in the release.
Changes to the event creation and editing form:
- Enter comments for individual event date/time occurrences
- Cancel or “uncancel” individual date/time occurrences for repeating events
- View conflict details, by occurrence, during availability check in the Event Locations editor
- View resource quantity details, by occurrence, during availability check and in the Modify Selected Occurrences view of a selected resource
- Enter location/resource instructions during event creation, which are retained even if the locations/resources are saved as preferences only
- Specify location layouts and resource quantities during event creation, which are retained even if the locations/resources are saved as preferences only
- With the appropriate security rights, add content to event Notes during event creation (in previous releases, the Notes field was available only after an event had been saved, if the field was configured for inclusion)
- Know when locations pending assignment are no longer available
- Know when a new event being saved is converted by the system to an event draft
- Logged-in users may customize their Home Dashboard by dragging and dropping content “boxes” to reposition them on the page or hide them from view.
The Dashboard now offers the signed-in user two event creation options:
- “Create an Event” which goes directly to the event creation and editing form
- “Find Available Locations”: begin by looking for available locations for a desired date/time or available dates/times for a desired location (either option or both may be hidden when customizing the dashboard).
The emailing event details now allows users to click TO, CC, or BCC to easily select recipients from a list of their Starred Contacts or from All Contacts.
If a photo has been attached to a location record, it’s now displayed on a location rollover on the Home Dashboard.
To Do tasks now appear on the Tasks Agenda view on the Tasks tab.
The Preferences drop-down list in the sign-in header includes an option that lets the user edit his or her own contact information.